Popular Posts

Sunday, May 27, 2012

My book selected to go to the Frankfurt Book Fair - the world's largest!

      I am still recovering from the shock of having my book selected to go on the New Zealand stand at the Frankfurt Book Fair.  The New Zealand Society of Authors, to which I belong, is showcasing 40 New Zealand books at Frankfurt, the world's largest book fair. Supported by generous sponsorship from Copyright Licensing Limited, the stand takes advantage of New Zealand's status of Guest of Honor at the 2012 Fair.
      This is a great thrill and the Society is already giving the 40 authors excellent advice about promoting our books to the publishers from all over the world who will be attending - I'm reliably informed the headcount of publishing firms is 20,000!
      Preparing information about my book is helping me focus more and more on who needs to use it, why they need to and how it will benefit them. Very helpful. The book itself is for environmental experts in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors who find themselves involved with training.
      Trainers call these invaluable people "subject matter experts" or SMEs - not to be confused with Small-Medium Enterprises, another common meaning for "SME"...  Many environmental subject matter experts have specialized knowledge gained from their experience, rather than from a formal qualification. Their skill and enthusiasm means they can make very good trainers, and the advice in my book, based on my 20 years of experience with environmental training programs, helps them access and apply new knowledge from the world of professional training. It's a winning combination that can really lift the environmental performance of a wide range of business activities.
      As well as marketing my "7 Steps" book to real live publishers, I aim to have a near-complete manuscript of a further book and a list of other books I'm keen to write about different aspects of the business benefits of good environmental performance. I'm most definitely more than a one-hit wonder - though turning my first book into that first hit is my immediate goal!

    Click on these key words to find out more the Frankfurt Book Fair, New Zealand as the 2012 Guest of Honour, the New Zealand Society of AuthorsCopyright Licensing Limited - and, of course - my book, "Seven Steps to successful environmental training programs".

No comments:

Post a Comment